There is a sufficient amount of furniture alternatives for balconies in the balcony decoration world. One of them is about creating a decorative balcony sitting bench. There will be information about balcony sitting benches and their decoration tips. In addition to that, there will be key clues about how to make your sitting bench at the end of the post.
Materials for balcony sitting benches
Sitting benches are a special structure for long narrow balconies. Because these types of furniture have generally rectangular shapes. Given the material of sitting benches, materials are metal, wooden, and synthetic respectively. Besides, there are even special sitting benches, armrest, and backrest of which are metal but its rest is wooden. Generally, they are available in many places, for example, parks, gardens, seashore, and other public areas. By the way, gabion benches seem to be charming and glaring in gardens and parks as well.
Balcony sitting benches are appropriate for long narrow balconies due to having rectangular shapes. However, all kinds of benches have got pros and cons according to their materials. For instance, synthetics are easy both to move and to change. However, they are more short-term and perishable.
Some Advice & Tips for Balcony Sitting Benches
On the other side, metals have a more aesthetic and powerful look. Yet there are always in danger of having rusted. I mean they may require maintenance. You probably will have to be more careful. You should decorate the metal sitting bank with pillows. Thus, your sitting bench will be comfortable and will look more stylish. As you see, differences among materials are strikingly obvious. So that think carefully before you decide whether you will buy a sitting bank or whether you will make your own.
On the other hand, you should adopt an approach while you are decorating your sitting bench. For example, if you got a brown wooden sitting bank, you should arrange your balcony according to your sitting bank. I mean you could install runnen decks on the floor or buy runners harmonized with similar colors.
Another approach is less challenging. What I mean is you can get a sitting bench on the condition that it matches perfectly for your balcony items, such as, planters, ornaments, and so forth. I think, select a decoration approach and get started immediately. You can also buy all these beautiful and different types of benches in local shops or on the internet. However, if you want to make your own balcony bench with the materials you have (such as a pallet couch), you must be sure that it is strong and durable.
DIY for Wooden Balcony Benches
Here, I want to mention basic DIY necessities for a wooden bench. After reading so far, I think you had better have a look at it. It will take your short time and $30 on average. I hope you are going to have a sitting bench with scissors legs.
- Wood Screws.
- Pressure Treated Lumber.
- Circular saw,
- tape measure,
- speed square,
- protective equipment, such as glasses,
- Prepare your tools and materials. Before getting started, you should spot how much the size of the sitting bank you would like to. Because you will make your cuttings according to this information. Yet I will try to tell you as far as I can.
- Cut the lumbers with the circular saw in a way that they will be 50 inches. You will have got four separate lumber (50 inches) at the end of the operation.
- After finishing that, prepare for making long legs for the sitting bench
- Take lumber, use the speed square so that you catch the angle accurately. (30 degrees recommended) Draw the exact diagonal line with the pencil. Cut the diagonal line with the circular saw. After that, measure 40 inches on the lumber, apply the same operation on the opposite side. Thus, the short edges are 30 degrees diagonal.
- As I just noted above is just for the first long leg of the sitting bench. You have to make the same for the second long leg.
- The same operation must be made for short legs. They must be 20 inches. Besides, their short legs should be cut diagonal (40 degrees recommended).
- You have had 4 lumbers x 50 inches for the backrest and the sitting place, 2 lumbers x 40 inches for long legs and 2 lumbers x 20 inches for short legs so far.
- The long legs must also be cut in a way that the middle of the short edge will be cut diagonal along the 24 inches of the long edge.
- Assemble the long leg and the short leg with the wood screws
- 2 x 50 inches lumber is for the backrest
- 2 x 50 inches lumber is for the sitting place.
- Attach screws.