Sometimes, we would have difficulties in deciding or choosing which furniture could be best-fit in our garden or balcony. At those times, it will be better to build your own furniture as you wish. For example, you can easily build a concrete cinder block bench with simple construction materials for your outdoor places.
The Basic Materials
- Concrete cinder blocks
- Wooden post or beam
- Concrete adhesive
- Colorful spray or any other paints
DIY Cinder Block Benches
1) Firstly, you should decide the size and shape of the bench.
2) Then, you can start to bond the blocks together depending on your seating arrangements. It will be better to wait until the adhesive gets dry (about 1 hour).
3) After you are done with the seating arrangements, you can pass to the next step, which is painting your cinder blocks (or you can use them as they are).
4) After finishing the seating and mounting phase, you can begin to smooth your posts. For this, you can use rough sandpaper. Also, you should use wood preservative paints for your posts so that your cinder block bench will be durable for outdoor spaces.
5) Additionally, you can paint your post with different colors as you wish. As the last step, you will simply push your wooden blocks from one cinder’s hole to the other.
6) Now, you can add some extras such as cute plants, pillows, and a coffee table.
As you see in the photos, these concrete cinder block ideas will amaze your garden and balcony. You can use them in different outdoor places such as balconies, gardens, and patios. Since these cinder block benches are easy to make, people generally prefer them as a DIY idea. I hope this easy project will inspire you for performing further ideas.