Although having a long narrow balcony seems like you have a little trouble, you can still have the chance to turn it into an advantage. People generally use this type of balconies as a storeroom. However, with different, decorative and wisely ideas, you can have a functional balcony regardless of its size.
In this regard, before starting the decoration, it will be better to measure your balcony size. Also, when decorating your long and narrow balconies, it is recommended that you consider the functionality of the furniture or other accessories by refraining from showing off. Here, you can find some useful points for decorating your long narrow balconies.
Some crucial points to consider
- The first and most important point is using vertical decoration ideas
- As a second, you should use fewer accessories (You can take a look Minimalist Balcony Ideas)
- Thirdly, you should use the balcony wall effectively (You can use balcony wall hanging shelves)
- Also, you should use portative accessories such as useful hinged tables.
- In terms of the chair, you should keep the number of chairs or bar stools few (two or three) or you can use a small and comfortable couch.
- As balcony gardens, you can use vertical planter trellis stands.
- Lastly, you can perform some repurpose projects such as using old vintage sewing machines as a part of your narrow balcony decoration.
To summarize, if you have a small and narrow balcony, you should rather need to consider your own comfort and priority needs. Turning this disadvantage into an advantage depends entirely on your creativity, choices, and imagination. As you can discover in the photos, there are numerous decoration ideas. I hope these pretty examples will contribute to your own balcony decorating way.