Painting terracotta pots are one of the most decorative ideas for balcony decoration. They are also a worthy DIY Idea that you could work on it. For both terracotta pots and DIY ideas, we have already posted a few articles such as “clay pots turn into super cute animal figures” and “clay flower pot people” for you. But now, painted terracotta flower pot ideas will be the subject of the article. Having mentioned their kinds, there will also be a DIY heading at the end.
1) Painting Terracotta Pots with Animal Figures
Without animal figures, Terracotta pots stand plain and boring. So they need an individual touch. There is no limit to picking animal figures. These figures could be a cat, rabbit, and so on. Therefore, these figures bring both color and beauty to your space. As a different option, there is no need to make any figure or face. Animal patterns also work best as well as figures and faces. It is pretty easy than giving fine details. For example, making a leopard pattern for pots is a brilliant idea.
2) Terracotta Pots with The Fruit and Flower
Painting a terracotta pot is an inarguably reasonable DIY activity. With proper tools, fresh-look fruits and flowers can be drawn and painted. On one hand, some fruits such as bananas are easy to picture on a terracotta pot. On the other hand, some flowers and leaves can be a catchy decoration idea for terracotta pots. Likewise, for gardens and balconies, vegetable stone markers will be a DIY idea with similar tools.
3) Lettering on Terracotta Pots
The place of artistic letters is also getting popular. By writing stylish letters, make terracotta pots a masterpiece. But choose correct brushes and pencils because making stylish letterings can require both attention and concentration just like making herb garden stones. Another point, calligraphic letterings. By trying this writing technique, reach your ideal decorative pots.
4) Painted Harry Potter Terracotta Pots
Cartoon characters and film casts are suitable for being a part of the decor. Personal belongings such as T-shirts, caps, schoolbags contain the entertainment industry’s products of prints. So then, for a DIY idea, a fictional character like Harry Potter can be a figure for terracotta pots.
5) Mandala Painting Terracotta Pots
This idea could be hard. Much effort and attention can require. But it is like mandala stones. If you understand the logic and the making way, you will acquire a colorful terracotta pot.
6) DIY – How To Paint Your Terracotta Pot
a) Materials and Tools
Small Brushes like a pointy tip, nail art brush (for giving fine details)
1) Take a terracotta pot. Paint the whole surface with any color, including the inside.
2) Leave it dry for a couple of hours.
3) Soon afterward, what terracotta idea if you decided, start making it. For example, this idea could be any animal figure.
4) As a finishing a for terracotta pot, use a varnish spray, thus protect your terracotta pot from moisture, high humidity. At the same time, give a bright look and make it UV-proof.
Have a nice work! Good luck!