Everyone knows what a beautiful piece of stone can become a beautiful decor with a little paint. To illustrate, we have written about different articles about painting rocks like birds, animal painted rocks and cactus rock arts. In addition to them, I want to share a new rock craft today which is a campfire family rocks. This easy and adorable DIY idea is ideal for kids, as well. and you can use these beautiful decors both indoor and outdoor.
This idea can be simply defined as rocks decorated with paint and markers. For this easy idea, you will need marker, sandpaper, wood slices, tealights, hot glue and a different size of rocks (river and landscaping rocks are good for this ideas since they are easy to paint).
Basic steps for campfire family or group rocks
- Firstly, you should wash the rocks (It will be better to put them in water for 12 hours)
- Secondly, you can rub the rocks with emery or sandpaper so that you can paint them easily.
- After cleaning and landscaping, you start to paint the rocks (eyes, mount, noise, hats, bows and etc).
- When you finished the family group, you can stick them on the wood slice block (or you can use flagstone) with hot glue.
- Lastly, you can put your tealight in front of the family rocks.
When you finished your campfire family rocks, you will not believe in your eyes. Definitely, you will see amazing decor for your home, balcony or garden. As it is demonstrated in the photos, it possible to create different concepts such as animal figures and Christmas meetings. As mentioned above, this craft is perfect for kids. These kinds of painting activities can give rise to their creativity, eye-hand coordination, fine motor skills and provide them with qualified leisure time. I hope you will love this cute idea and perform it with your kids.