Painting or decorating rocks can be considered as one of the easiest hobbies today. As we explained in our previous articles, painting the rocks in the form of cactus or painting the stones in the form of a bird is a very simple do-it-yourself idea. But today I would like to talk about a more specialized stone painting idea: animal figure painted rocks.
As you can see from the photos, it takes some skill and experience to paint the stones in an animal-like way. In addition, I think it would be useful to know a few key points about painting rock arts.
Key points for painting rocks
1) Firstly, the rocks should be suitable for painting (you can pick smooth ones).
2) You can find the most suitable stones for painting by taking a small tour around you. Besides, you can order these stones online shopping websites or you can buy them from landscaping stores.
3) After getting proper rocks, it will be better to wash them with a hard brush before painting. Keep in mind that you should not wash your rocks in the dishwasher since small pieces separated from the rocks may block the pipes of the machine.
4) The fourth issue is the sealing (Covering the rocks with coal or any kind paints to make your arts more presentable). It totally depends on your preferences and the structure of the rocks. For example, if you have quite smooth river rocks, you might not need base paint or sealing.
5) As another point, you should proper paints for your craft. There are many options for this phase. You can use acrylic paint, paint pens, markers or chalk markers. (Fingernail polish is not recommended since it is more expensive and might be harmful because of the ingredients it contains).
6) When it comes to the brushes, it will be easier to use small size ones especially if you are a beginner painter (for beginners, markers will be more appropriate).
With the help of these key points, you can start to create your own animal rocks. At first, you cannot do much like, but as you continue to draw or paint, your hand will get used to the brush and you will do better works in times. If you are interested in painting crafts, you should never give up. Here you can find some beautiful completed examples such as owls, rabbits, cats, birds, tigers, hamsters and etc. I hope they will help you in doing your own.