The balcony railing planter is one of the unique decorative planters ideas that reflects your state of mind and pleasure. Also, it displays how beautiful the balcony is. With all kinds of decorative planter options, a balcony space may become an airy place with a decorative touch. To exemplify, when cascading balcony lightings hanging from the parapet brighten the night as much as streetlights. So, we can see the place of the balcony railing in balcony decoration once more. As a close idea to flowery balconies, I am going to dwell on DIY balcony railing planters. From many angles, I will mention different points of this decoration idea. As usual, there will be a ‘how to make a balcony railing planters’ at the end.
1) Inward & Outward-Looking Balcony Railing Planters
Under this heading, there are not only planters but also boxes, buckets, and pots. Each of them is a unique decoration item. As a first clue, either uses the same planters or make a mixed set of your balcony railing planters.
2) Wooden Boxes As Balcony Railing Planter Ideas
Alongside ordinary planters, wooden boxes are quite as stylish as a planter. Compared to any balcony planters, they are durable and heavy structures just like gabion planters. This durability can change from material to material. Also, its soil capacity is more than other balcony planters. Thus, it allows for much more flowery plants or edible plants to grow. Rather than flower or ornament plants, wooden boxes are suitable for growing edible plants.
Wooden boxes with a hanger are more useful. Also, it is easy to attach the balcony railing. But without a hanger, it requires safety straps, rope hooks, and cable ties to fix wooden boxes. Thanks to inward-looking balcony railing planters ensure you easy daily care and money-saving. Besides that, it does not contain the fall risk out of the balcony. It is not compulsory to attach these boxes inward. They can also be attached outward. If it is fixed the balcony railing firmly, few fall risks contain. On the other hand, outward-looking balcony planters display better and gain more appreciation.
3) Bucket Planters with Metal Hangers as Balcony Railing Planter
Bucket planters are also a different kind of balcony railing planter. Owing to a metal hanger, bucket planters decently can stand in order. Obviously, these planters are more pratic than wooden boxes because it is easy both to carry and find. Specifically, balcony lovers decorate their balcony railing with aluminum-made grey ones mostly. Live plants that could be edible are more suitable for bucket planters, too. Should you want to make self-production, these kinds of planters will be a great option. Not only do you harvest tasteful vegetables but also your balcony gains a green & healthy look.
4) Terra Cotta Pots, Clay Pots As Balcony Railing Planter Ideas
Terra cotta pots are a unique option for balcony decoration. Due to their special structure, they are incredibly durable ideas for outdoor decorations. Without any chemical use, these pots could be evaluated as a long-term decoration idea. These kinds of clay pots have a lot of creative ideas. For example, animal figures, superhero & cartoon characters, and so forth.
5) DIY – How To Make Balcony Railing Planters
Under this heading, there are materials & tools and instructions about balcony railing planters. I tried to write the simplest way. Decorating the railing with balcony planters is up to you. I hope you are going to make it quickly. Trust your art talent and inspiration fairy.
a) Materials & Tools
- Prepare all materials & tools on your work desk.
- First of all, clean your balcony planters with plenty of water.
- Add enough soil and put the nice green herb.
- Optionally, paint the balcony railing planters.
- For painting, there are interesting ideas such as animal figures, mandalas, and so on.
- For a plain and smooth look, terracotta pots and clay pots could be brilliant ideas.
- Having completed your balcony planters, choose your tie way.
- These can be wires, safety straps, rope hooks, and cable ties.
- Mind the exact positions of planters.
- Perhaps, this is the best way to show the decorative planters for the better.
- Tie your planter on the railing.