As nature and ocean pollution increase, all people should be creative about using old materials for new and various purposes. For example, there are different kinds of materials that can be used as planters for balcony/garden decoration such as old shoes, vine bottles, birdcage, teacup, wooden crates, pallets and etc. Today, I will write about turning a plastic bottle or s milk jug into a beautiful planter for your balcony or garden. For DIY milk jug planters with faces, you need to have a plastic bottle or a milk jug (2 L recommended), markers with different colors, potting soil, and plants that you want.
How to Make Milk Bottle Planters with Faces?
- To make nice-looking milk jug planters or any suitable plastic bottle planters, you should first clean your plastic bottle.
- Cut the bottom of the milk jugs with a knife or something like that.
- Paint your bottle with a marker. It will be better to use the handle of the bottle as the nose of the face.
- Then, you can draw eyes and lips with different patterns and motifs. In this regard, using durable markers will make your bottle planters’ face resistant for outdoor places. Also, you can use stickers to make eyes and lips.
- Furthermore, you can use colorful fabrics, kerchiefs, or bandanas to cover the head of the milk bottle planter.
- When you finished the painting part, you can put a small number of rocks or a piece of newspaper into the bottle, which will provide nice working drainage.
- Put some potting soil and your chosen plants. Succulents, strawberries, and many other lovely plants can be used for these plastic bottle planters.
All these steps are very easy and you can do these planters in less than 2 hours. After your plants grow up, your balcony or garden will acquire a new green look. These plastic milk bottle planters are also a very useful DIY idea for both recycling and extreme plastic use in terms of saving the environment. These plastic bottle planters are very easy and effective balcony/garden decoration ideas. Hope you will have a good time while creating your beautiful milk bottle planters with love faces.
Images via: green life style mag